Thursday, June 17, 2010

Washed Out





















Washed Out is the solo project of Ernest Greene. In 2009, the young man from Georgia (via South Carolina) started releasing hazy synthpop jams under the name Washed Out.  His initial EP, Life of Leisure, is infectious and perfect for summer - a claim based on fact.  Last summer, all my playlists had a Washed Out track from the EP included.

With a new summer upon us, I was overjoyed to stumble upon a new release of his.  "You & I"features the female vocals of Caroline Polachek and a nice & subtle Madonna sample.  Listen for it...

I'll post a few tracks from the Life of Leisure EP as well as the new single "You & I," which is fantastic. Your summer just got warmer.

Washed Out - You & I (ft. Caroline Polachek)
Washed Out - New Theory
Washed Out - Feel It All Around

TO DOWNLOAD: Click the link(s) above; then click the 'Download' link in the top right corner of the box.net web page that appears.

No comments: