Wednesday, April 14, 2010

KId Kudi v. Band of Horses

















In the last week, I have had a few heated conversations on the notion of mash ups. My stance is a bit more negative than most. That said, every now and again I'll come across a mash up that I like. I am unsure of my own criteria for liking or disliking a mash up, but I'll leave that for another day. Perhaps I am a believer in the originals always sounding better than the mash, especially if the combo feels a bit obvious? But then again, I love a good remix, often times better than the original song being mixed, so who the hell knows...

In honor of the mash up argument, here's one that contradicts my typically negative point of view on the mater. In a nutshell, I like this one.

Kid Kudi - The Prayer (Band of Horses mash)

No comments: