Thursday, October 28, 2010

Coeur de Pirate

















I added this track to a mellow playlist earlier in the week, to accompany a bit of writing.  It was one of about fifteen songs, all on the calmer side.  I shuffled through the list of tracks and had them repeat as well, intended as background sound.  Each time this track came on, however, I paused from writing and simply listened...

Perhaps the duet of a boy and girl and the paired down melody remind me of my first listen to the XX - an album that grows and grows and grows on you listen after listen after listen.  Either way, play this track alone and on repeat a few times.  You'll be taken by its calming sincerity, at least that's what I hope.

Bedouin Soundclash - Brutal Hearts (Ft. Coeur de Pirate)

And here's another track from the French speaking Canadian songwriter along a buzzing remix of the same track.

Coeur de Pirate - Commes des Enfants
Coeur de Pirate - Commes des Enfants (Le Matos Andy Carmichael Remix)

TO DOWNLOAD: Click the link(s) above & then click the 'Download' link in the top right corner of the box.net web page that appears.

No comments: