Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Drop the Lime + Classixx






















Drop the Lime is a bass heavy kingpin from Brooklyn whose sound I want to like (cuz the just dude ooooozzzes radical sauce) but I just can't get into the hard stuff. Despite that, I can appreciate what he's doing, as his hard hitting songs sound quite a bit more mature and unique than most of the 21 year old hipster club shit being played waaaayyyyy too much these days. Whatever happened to a good ol' danceable harmony and melody?

Well, the Classixx dudes, as always, know what's up. If you're familiar with my blog and my stated taste in pop music, you'll know I'm obsessed and post tracks from these guys a lot (i.e. Mayer Hawthorne post below). Their electronic sound is oh-so recognizable in a sea of faceless "bangers." Everything they touch turns to silk, including Drop the Lime's Devil Eyes. Have a taste, and enjoy a mellowed out slice of citrus...

Drop the Lime - Devil Eyes (Classixx's B-Live Mix)


And while I'm at it, since I brought up Mayer Hawthrone, here's another soulful remix of one of his tracks to go with the Classixx remix I posted last time, with harmony and melody for days!

Mayer Hawthorne - Just Ain't Gonna Work Out (Astronote El Camino Remix)

No comments: