Monday, November 3, 2008

Sneaky Sound System + G.L.O.V.E.S





















So, the past 2 weeks have been the most transformative, difficult and self-aware of my life. On October 18, 2008, my father passed away suddenly of a heart attack. He was 62.

Since then, I have grown from a boy to a man - sounds cliche, but the transition cannot feel more real. Self-absorbtion fades to white. Ego fades to grey. Youth fades to black. I can no longer call myself a New Yorker, having now moved home to San Francisco to take care of my mom, sisters and the family moving business. Dramatic and abrubt, but life continues...

Though not EVERYTHING has to change. I admit, I have been listening to Bon Iver's album For Emma, Forever Ago on repeat since my dad passed (it's amazing), there is still a place in my heart these days for catchy pop electro jams. Here's one I just grabbed from Disco Dust that I hope you'll like as much as I do. And it's personally relevant, b/c as I mentioned above, I feel as if I have crossed the threshold from boy to man, from young to old - and of course I am a bit nostalgic...of when we were young.

Sneaky Sound System - When We Were Young (G.L.O.V.E.S Rmx)

No comments: