Friday, September 12, 2008

The Twelves























So The Twelves are great. Let's just start with that.

The bloggers have been wetting their beds over these kids the past few days, so I figured I should do the same.

From Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, The Twelves were formed by the duo João Miguel and Luciano Oliveira back in 2006. The name came from the strange coincidence of their birth dates: twelve of July of 1980. So they're cancers, just like me. Even more rad.

Here's a mixtape they just released that has honestly provided me with some of my very best 38 minute 2 second moments this past week. It includes unreleased remixes they did for Zeigeist and The Virgins. If you ask me, its the best extended stretch of sound since LCD released 45:33.

The Twelves - Episode II (mixtape)

Find the tracklist for the remix below...

01. zeigeist - humanitarianism (the twelves replay)
02. radiohead - reckoner (the twelves replay)
03. mirwais - naive song
04. of montreal - gronlandic edit
05. david e. sugar - to yourself
06. the virgins - rich girls (the twelves replay)
07. daft punk - voyager
08. jupiter - chip
09. fleet foxes - white winter hymnal (the twelves replay)
10. metronomy - heartbreaker
11. the twelves - works for me (the twelves replay)
12. lykke li - dance dance dance (the twelves replay)


And here are two single tracks of theirs, at least one of which gets played every night I DJ. Did I mention I think these guys are great?

The Twelves - Works for Me

The Twelves - When You Talk

No comments: